In the Education Sector
by: José L'Esperence
Pre-School Trust Fund
- The Association representing the interest of Pre-School Teachers has been constantly negotiating with the Pre-School Trust Fund Management on the following issues:
(i) payment of allowance/salary proposed and agreed upon
(ii) refund of travelling
(iii) posting of all T.E.S as from the 2nd term
(iv) allocation of responsibilities by Teacher Educators Coordinators/ Regional Coordinators
(v) structuration of Resource Centres
- The Association called upon the Ministry to discuss issues such as Staffing, Role of Library Cadre in the reform process and transfer policy pertaining to the Library Cadre.
- The Association called upon the Ministry for remedial action with regard to the situation prevailing at Sookdeo Bissoondoyal SSS with regard to the discriminatory attitude towards the non Teaching staff.
- The Association noted with concern that many problems relating to non-teaching staff in secondary schools had remained unsolved consequently a meting was sought with the Ministry to discuss those issues.
- The Association called for a meeting with the Mauritius Examination Board to discuss payment of allowance to School Clerk for invigilation and marking exercise.
Meeting was called at the Ministry to discuss issues pertaining to School Clerk Cadre such as, filling of vacancies, filling post of Senior School Clerk, ICT courses, transfer exercise and payment of uniform allowance.
- The Association called for a meeting with the Ministry to discuss the training need of Liaison Officers and the need for the creation of additional posts of Senior Liaison Officers.